Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This may be a rant

I was thinking last night about this executive order that P-E Obama is planning to issue his first day in office. You know, the one that will close down Gitmo. I was wondering how he could do that? Doesn't that require an act of congress? Of course, I'm sure if it did, congress would go along with it, but it's scary to think that the President of the US can just write an order and shut down a military base. And what are they going to do with all those terrorists that are being housed there? I say housed, because it doesn't seem that they are being brought to trial or whatever is supposed to happened to a POW. I would just say they are POWs and move them to some really, really secure prison, or put them in with the inmates we have in our prisons and let them fend for themselves. I have no sympathy for any of them. Is that wrong? I don't think so. Alan thinks they should move all the prisoners to the US Senate building. A talk radio host thinks they should be moved to the ACLU office building in DC.

But, then I asked Alan how he could do that, and he said PE-O probably could do that because there was no one to give him or any senator or congressman money to keep the place open. That's how it works. A base is located in Texas and all the Texas Congress people in both houses fight to keep the base open and if a President wrote an order to close it, there would be hell to pay in Texas because the economy would falter. No economy in Cuba, so we close the base.

So, here's what I'm thinking. If the president can just write an executive order and close down a base, then surely he can close down anything else he wants, like my Kroger's or Macy's or maybe even claim my condo by eminent domain. That's an even scarier thought.

I think the next four years are going to be the worst years I've ever lived through. A person who has little experience in government, a person who spent 75 days in the US Senate and a couple of years in the Illinois state house is the president being led by a bunch of groupies who may or may not have this country's best interests at heart. How stupid are the people who voted for this man? And they said Sarah Palin had no experience? I think she would do a better job. At least we know she'd be thinking for herself.

I was reading a book yesterday and it brought back to mind Hurricane Betsy which hit New Orleans in 1965. The same events that happened with Katrina happened in that hurricane, but the people of Louisiana cleaned it up themselves and didn't moan and groan and beg the federal government for big bucks (billions of dollars, as President Bush said in his last press conference. $2.8 billion has been poured into New Orleans). And why? Because they had a puppet mayor, just like we now have a puppet President Elect. Woe are we!

ttfn

No comments: