Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snowy day

It was a snowy day. Off and on snow showers which accumulated to dust. But it looked pretty.

I don't know what happens to me. I was doing so well for three days, yes three, then today, boom, there I am again, flat on my back with severe back pain and that right-knee just not cooperating at all.

It takes me so long to get up from either a sitting or lying position (or is it laying position?) because I have to very slowly straighten out the right leg, hear it pop, endure the popped-in pain, and then I can move on. Not fun. At least today's setback wasn't a fibromyalgia back-up.

We had a busy day yesterday. My helpers with my cleaning came in and of course, I can't sit still while they're here cleaning. No siree! I must be one step ahead of them so they don't think I'm a dirty housekeeper. Of course, the whole purpose of having someone to clean for me is so that I don't have to do the cleaning, but I just can't give it up.

I know I can't get things clean because I can't get down and dirty, but I still try. I guess I'd feel better more often if I'd just led the ladies who are helping me do their job and not try to butt in and try to help them do my job. Yes, that makes sense if you read it sixteen times!

So, I have to try to be more willing to let others see my dirt, and more willing to let the place be a mess for a few days after it is spiffied up. I love having it clean, and I don't like having it a mess or not clean.

I haven't mentioned my office recently. Well folks, it's cleared of ALL Christmas stuff which means you can see the floor. My cleaner was actually able to get into the room and vacuum it yesterday. I still have several boxes of Creative Memories papers and albums that I need to get rid of (anybody want any?) and then I'll have my office back.

I'm still scrapbooking, don't misunderstand, it just that in 100 years I wouldn't use all the materials I've received from Creative Memories because I was a sales consultant. I could open a store, but I won't. My biggest problem with the CM items is that I don't know what I really want to let go. I know there are albums which I will never use -- the 8x8s. Not into the smaller albums. And I have several of the larger albums which I doubt I'll use. That means that all those 8x8 papers I won't need either. And I have to decide which if the 12x12 papers I want to keep, and which I want to get rid of.

I'll probably work on that tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

ttfn

2 comments:

The Lady of the Holler said...

I'd be happy to take your CM cast-offs. :o)

Judi Hahn said...

Any particular colors? Topics for stickers? Sizes? So far you're the only taker. Not even my own children are interested. Hmmmm.