Monday, February 2, 2009

It's melting

Well, after one week of being "housebound" I finally went out yesterday. It did get up to almost 50 degrees and a lot of melting occurred. I started working on my car, certain I would find that the roof was crushed with all that snow and ice on it. The roof and hood were fine.

My driveway was and is still a sheet of ice, so I took the walker and carefully walked with a broom in hand to the car and started working on rhe snow removal. I used the broom and broom handle as far as I could reach from my "stance" to remove the snow and ice and got the mix off the hood and part of the roof, as well as the driver side doors. Then my back was hurting really bad, so I went inside, figuring I'd return to the job in a couple of hours after I laid flat for a while.

Low and behold a nice man, whom I don't know, came over and finished the job for me. His name was "Bob" -- that's all he would tell me. He was visiting his daughter who lives across the street. He wasn't happy at the way my drive and walkway were not salted and that walking on them was very treacherous even for him. Oh, well.

Tonight I will get to the driver's door of my car, put my scrapbooking supplies (minimal) into the car and go to the clubhouse and have a great time with "my ladies" while we scrapbook. I'm going to make cards instead of pages, that is, if I get the chance. Usually, I'm so busy "teaching" that I don't get a chance to do any scrapping.

I have it fixed so that all the "big" items are already at the clubhouse. I put duplicates of everything into the scrapbook clubs bin and we just pull it out and use those cutters, pens, papers, punches, etc.

I'm looking forward to tonight and getting to talk to someone other than Alan, bless his heart. He had a really bad night -- his back. I finally got him to the recliner where the pressure was relieved and he was able to sleep.

I thought I'd be hurting a lot today because of the cleaning effort from yesterday, but I'm not. Yeah! And I put more boxes in the attic, the ones I was avoiding moving because they were the really heavy ones, but the mess is really getting to me. I still have to put my snowmen away -- procrastinating on that one.

So I'm moving on now to get this day's "chores" finished before I leave for some fun!

ttfn

No comments: