Friday, February 6, 2009

What a lovely day

Here in Northern Kentucky it's a balmy 37 degrees -- it's that WARM that Alan said I wouldn't need a coat when I went outside. I guess we're getting used to the cold. It does feel warm today. The porch got up to 82 degrees. My office is 75 degrees, and usually it's 65 degrees even with a small heater going 24/7.

Well, the roofers came today to inspect the wet spot on our living room ceiling. They can't get up there to check it out or fix it because the roof is still covered with snow. Maybe next week. It's supposed to rain on Saturday. Hopefully that spot has been there for a long while and I just haven't noticed it, and when they fixed our roof after Hurricane Ike went through, it really did fix the leak. Well, when it rains, I'll find out.

Health wise? Alan is in bad shape today. His eye (he went to the surgeon today) is not healing as quickly as it should, and so they can't give him a prescription for glasses, so he's still seeing out of only one eye. The new cornea eye he can see from, but not real well. His back is also bothering him a lot.

As of me, I woke up feeling like I was starting another flare-up because sleeping during the night was so painful all over. I did get some sleep, but not a lot. And after I took my pill, I started feeling better. Thing is, I took one of those pills just before I went to bed. So what happened? I don't know, but I've gotten quite a bit accomplished today, and I'm very happy about that.

Our neighbor has offered to help Alan clear out the garage so we can get the car into it. I'm not holding my breath. Alan doesn't see the need to clear out the garage. I on the other hand see it as a fire hazard. But, what do I know?

ttfn

No comments: