Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I know, I know

I know I haven't written in this "journal" for several days. I've been laid low. Figured it was the weather, which went from cold and icy -- to which I was getting accustomed -- to warm and balmy, to which I was not accustomed.

Sunday was not good for either me or Alan. His back which has been giving him fits of late, was at a really high pain thresh hold. I was just as miserable he was so I just didn't walk much. Laid flat that day and suffered through another migraine. Where are they coming from? I know it's not what I've been eating, because after learning what not to eat in order to prevent those blasted things, I have avoided certain foods --no matter how much I love them -- like the plague.

But headache I had added to the joint pain and muscle pain. I was sure I was getting the flu. But on Monday I arose and was fine and didn't even have the normal first-in-the-morning walking pain.

I pray that God gives me some wisdom and knowledge about why I have good days, so I can work on having relatively pain-free days all the time. It's hard to plan anything because when you never know whether you'll be able to move, you can't say, "Yeah, I'll see you next week on Tuesday" because Tuesday might be a day when the pain returns.

Monday was so beautiful - weather wise - that I decided I would walk to the mail box -- a total of 248 steps each way. I decided to count the steps (that's 248 for each foot). And I didn't get winded, and I didn't fall (walker was included in the walk) and I didn't hurt. Yeah!

Today is Tuesday and I'm still enjoying the warm, balmy weather, and the freedom of movement I enjoyed on Monday. While the weather is warm we are having on and off showers, so I don't know if I'll get to the mailbox today on foot, that is. We will be passing it on the way out tonight as we head over to Bible Study, we'll probably pick up the mail then.

2-10-ttfn

No comments: