Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another balmy day

It's 11 p.m. and it's still in the mid-50s. Alan and I should go for a walk. Nah!

I've been having too much trouble walking around the house today, let along trying to maneuver around the snow mounds that are still around. 18 inches of snow doesn't disappear during the first warm day.

I tried working the New York Times crossword puzzle today. I was able to work two of them this week. Alan somehow got a "free" subscription to the NYT (not a paper I endorse or enjoy reading) so I've been trying to do the crosswords. Well, I just couldn't do them today. I guess my brain was disengaged or something.

It's been a day of low concentration ability for me.

Alan got all the trash out today -- lots of boxes and lots of bags. Since the garage was frozen we didn't worry about getting the frozen bags into the dumpster, but with the weather warming up, it was time to get them out of here. I think there were 10 bags of trash, not all garbage as I've been disposing it in the garbage disposal (GD)a lot more than I used to.

There's a long story connected with why I hadn't been using my garbage disposal and I don't feel like rehashing it here. Let me just say, lesson learned. If you have a cheap (inexpensive, builder installed) disposal, don't try to grind up potato peelings, they clog up the whole thing and and drains. I never had such trouble with any GD before I moved here and I figured out it's because we always bought the best Sears had to offer.

Well, I've really got to get in touch with a few of my friends from whom I haven't heard since before Christmas. So, TTFN.


No comments: