Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's back!

Well, some of the snow melted, then refroze, leaving us with a four-inch coating of ice around our car. All that snow I pushed off the car apparently puddled and didn't run off and so we have this ice. We did finally get our salt bucket, though. So now, I can at least salt the ice occasionally.

Alan is out and it is SNOWING so hard right now I can barely see the building across the street. They say we're going to get snow at a rate of one inch plus per hour for the next few hours. And i can tell it's sticking already. I'm praying Alan will get back okay.

My home was cleaned today, and I spent some time with my wonderful aide telling her what I had been doing a toothbrush, and we pondered over how to get the stains out of the flooring. We think we have a solution and I'll work on it just as she did today. Hopefully between the two of us we'll get the stained floor looking like new.

Frankly, I would love to have new tile put in there. When you move into a new place and you can pick and choose what you want, how do you really know what you want? I checked out floors for a couple of months and thought I knew what I wanted, but now that I have it, I want to get rid of it. What I really want is those small glass tiles that come in all kinds of colors and I would get them in a mix of sea green, aqua, off white, etc. But I don't think that's going to happen. Alan doesn't see the need for an unstained floor. He knows it's clean, just stained.

I also discovered today that we have or had a leak in our roof. When Ike hit we lost several shingles, but not the entire roof, and they came in a few days and repaired the roof by replacing the lost shingles. Well, apparently they must have miss a few because the stain in the ceiling in the living room is now visible (it wasn't a couple of weeks ago) and I think it's because of the snow and ice pulling on the unrepaired part of the roof. Well, it's Association's problem, not mine. That's something that's covered in our annual fee.

I'm feeling weird today. Not hurting, but funny. Maybe I need a nap. I think that's what I'll do now, take a nap.

ttfn

No comments: