Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's windy out there!

Well, we are under a high wind advisory, still. It started early this afternoon, and once again I feared for the back porch windows as they bowed inward with every gust of wind. We lost power three times, which means I have several clocks to reset, but I'm waiting until the wind calms down. I already set them twice. Two times is enough for one day, right? You know what I mean? There's the stove, the microwave, the coffee pot, the alarm clock in the bedroom, the alarm clock in the office, the clock on Alan's desk. I think the ones in the car are safe. At least my watch didn't lose power!

Not much else going on today. I received a passel of Louis L'Amour books last night at Life Group. Yeah! There were only two in the bag of about 30 which I have already read, and I've read a lot of LL's books! Three of them are short story books, which some of my grandchildren love me to read to them. I make good horse noises!! (and good gun shot noises)

So, maybe, this weekend, I'll get a couple of the older grands over and read them a couple of LL's stories of the wild west. There just something about his books that draw me in.

During the day, when I'm between "jobs" I read Louis L'Amour. His descriptions of the west are amazing and I want to go back West and enjoy it without either Alan or I being ill. We had such a great time for five days until he got sick, then the trip was rather one-sided, and I don't really enjoy one-sided trips. I prefer his company, even if it's just sitting in a rented trailer looking at the majesty of the Tetons.

ttfn

No comments: