Monday, February 23, 2009

Long time, no write

I know it's been several days since I added to my "diary." And I know you are all wondering how the fat lady is getting around.

Well, all is not well, but all is not bad either. Fortunately, I have a husband who doesn't mind if I spend the whole day in bed, and since we're both on a diet (we've both lost 8 pounds so far), and I've told Alan exactly what he can and can't eat, and how often he can eat the food, he is able to get his own stuff, which is a big help.

Yes, I spent the whole day of Saturday in bed, and I slept almost the whole time, including into late Sunday morning. I think I slept for almost 36 hours. I must have needed the sleep.

I go through times of sleep and wakefulness, then sleep, then wakefulness. So after weeks of little to no sleep, I finally crashed.

I am in the midst of a fibro flare up which is very uncomfortable, but I'm pushing through it, since being in bed doesn't really help any.

We are coming up on a season of birthdays. Annie's was last Friday, Rachel's is on the 3rd of March, the new baby will be born in a couple of weeks, and Ellie's is the 20th of March. So, if I can, I shall get to the toy store. I have asked my shopper to do this for me, but I'm not sure she'll be able to do that for me this week. If she can, that will be great, if she can't, I'll stumble around the store and hopefully find what the children want in as few steps as possible

I am walking every day now, getting my stamina up for the boat trip we're taking in the spring. I am walking with mild pain all the time, but I push through that as well, because I know I have to do this.

Alan's back is doing better and I think it's because he's taking a muscle relaxer, which seems to help relax him and he doesn't tense up as much, causing him so much back pain. He's back in bed for a few hours each night, still spending most of his sleeping hours in the recliner. He is trying to find out how much time he can spend at the computer, in the recliner, and in the bed in order to relieve the back pain. He hasn't had much problem with the shingles pain lately, which is good.

Why is it that as we age pain increases? I have some neighbors who are 20 years old than Alan and I and they are spry as can be, no pain in their hips or knees, and few health problems. I have other neighbors who are my age or a little older and they are in the same condition as I am. We compare notes but can not find the similarity which would cause us to have such bad knees and hips. I have often thought the bad knees I have is because I was so active in gymnastics in high school and college. But I don't know if that is the reason or not. Sounds good, anyway.

On to something more cheerful. I have finished completely 3 New York Times crosswords. Yippee. And I read in the Times that a group of economist professors from Columbia U, Harvard, Yale, U of PA, and CUNY reviewed very carefully the new stimulus jobs package. They found that at most the stimulus will provide 127,000 jobs, not the millions that we're being told will be the result of the package. Something to think about.

ttfn

No comments: