Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why, oh why?

Why do I do this to myself? There was a movie on TV this morning. It STARTED at 1:30 a.m. Not a problem on that end, but it was still about an hour after my usual bedtime. I was awake when the movie began (See Runnemede Remembered to find out about the movie) and wide awake when the movie ended, although my face was mush. It was a ten-hankie movie.

So, I went to bed around 3:30 a.m., but couldn't sleep. Nada, nil, nothing was making me drowsy, not even quoting Scripture or praying. Nothing. So, at 7:30 a.m. I finally was able to get comfortable, then at 8:00 a.m. the pain set in -- fibromyalgia was all over my body, ouch!

Was staying up that late worth it? I don't know, but I did see a movie I had never seen before!

I don't do these all-nighters very often, but often enough that I feel the agony of de-feet, legs, arms, back, hips, etc., the next morning, and you'd think I'd learn a lesson.

But folks, a good movie is a good movie, and I'm not into buying or renting something I can see for free, so to speak. I mean cable costs, right? And don't suggest setting the VCR and recording it. I have no aptitude when it comes to that machine, and don't really want to learn.

ttfn

No comments: