Saturday, August 8, 2009

Weather

Today much be a "high" weather day. Little pain, and little medication. I just forgot about meds because when I got up this a.m. I started right in with housework and by the time I remembered that I had forgotten to take my pills, it was almost noon. So, I took the blood pressure med and the joint medicine and that was it.

And then I went to the farmer's market. This is becoming a Saturday thing with me. I get over there around noon-thirty and get some veggies and fruits, walk around to pick up my produce, then head over to my favorite bakery and get some fresh bread to use to dunk in my tomato salad juice and then I head home again. Today I even picked up some onion soup for dinner to go with the bread and tomato salad.

I then stopped at the Dollar Store -- the first time for me to do that since before last Christmas -- but I didn't buy anything. I know, I know, you're saying: "How can you go into a Dollar Store and not buy anything?" Well, I did, and I didn't.

I was thinking about that and decided that since I really haven't done any shopping at all except at the farmer's market since before Christmas last year, I guess maybe I'm out of the "habit" and don't know how to do that any more. It certainly wasn't for lack of funds that I didn't buy anything, because I do have a couple of dollars available for my use.

Oops. I just recalled that I had stopped at McD's and gotten a sweet tea. I left it on the elevator. So I just retrieved it and it's warm, of course. I tasted it, and it tasted okay, even though it was diluted a bit. So, I just put it in the fridge for tomorrow. I do love McD's sweet tea. I think they make it best.

It's the end of another week. I can't believe it. Another week closer to Christmas 2009. The first decade of the 21st century is almost over, can you believe that? Wasn't it just yesterday that we were all worried about Y2K and storing up beans and rice because everything was going to crash and burn? It seems like just yesterday, anyway. I wonder, if I'm still around in 2019, if I'll feel the same way about the first decade and say, well, it seems like just yesterday that I was doing this or that.

I recall that this past decade has seen the passing of my father, many of my neighbors, and the births of most of my grandchildren. The comings and goings of life. God is good.

ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

Amen, God is so good! Another 5 minute long decade. It is incredible to me how very much like a rubber band time seems- a few moments stretch out and then foom! the whole week, month, year is gone.
God bless you!!!!!!!!!
all our love from Virginia
xoxox