Thursday, August 27, 2009

I definitely overdid

The last couple of days have been hectic and fun and I definitely overdid. I'll go back to Monday.

On Monday I knew that my brother-in-law and his wife (my S-I-L) were coming for an overnight visit, and I had to get my house super clean, as well as prepare a super-duper dinner because Alan didn't want to go out to eat. And I had to do a lot of laundry. Also on Monday I had to clean (sort of) to get my house ready for my house cleaner, so she doesn't think I'm hopeless in the cleaning department, which I'm not, but I am, because of my movement problems.

Then on Tuesday, my cleaner/shopper came and I got really ready for my B-I-L and S-I-L. Of course, I can't just sit there and watch, and I had to get a path cleared in my office so that if anyone had to go in there, they could walk. I did a pretty good job. I even made enough room so that my cleaner could vacuum in there.

On Wednesday my daughter (the middle one, Becky) called and asked if I minded if she came on Thursday, instead of her planned visit on Thursday to visit with her Aunt and Uncle, and I said no, but her Aunt and Uncle were planning to leave before she was going to be able to get here. So I suggested since they like camping out, that they camp out on the sun porch, since I was out of bed space. And they came to visit as well.

The dinner I prepared was excellent -- you can get the recipes at Runnemede Remembered Recipes. There were no leftovers.

I faded at 10 p.m. and went to bed, the rest of the folks including the children were going strong when I turned in and I didn't hear a thing. I woke up at 7:30 and was have a fibromyalgia set back. I hurt all over and couldn't even stay in bed, so I got up, took my medicine and prayed it would help. It did for about 2 hours, then I was down and out again. Took another pill, and went to bed.

I'm still feeling pretty bad. I had hoped I was getting better with the new homeopathic medicines I was using for arthritis, and perhaps it is working, at least I know it is in my hands and elbows, and I thought it was doing a job on the knees, but since I had been doing so much walking the past three days, today it didn't feel like anything was working.

Oh, yeah, did I mention that my son, his wife, and his four children also came over for a couple of hours? That was not a problem at all, and I know that the B-I-L and S-I-L enjoyed the visit, as did I. I'm getting more and more used to their activity -- which is not something I am used to, because Alan and I are pretty much inactive most of the time. Where do they get their energy?

Well, that's it for for now. I'm going back to bed. A new book arrived from Amazon today, and I can't wait to get to it. I'll have to write about some of the books I've been reading lately. They are for the most part comedic mysteries. Go figure.

ttfn

No comments: