Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Been thinking (for Stacia)

When I was working at Answers in Genesis back in the 90s and early part of this century I kept track of something.

The Bible says something about the lifespan of a man (woman) -- that being three-score and ten. For those of you that don't know what a "score" is -- no, men, it's not when a guy wearing 20 pounds of gear carries a dinky ball across a line and then is penalized if he jumps up and down -- a "score" is 20 years. So doing the math, a Biblical lifespan is 70 years.

Back to Answers in Genesis and Stacia. I would remind Stacia from time to time that my three-score and ten was getting closer and closer. I did this every time someone celebrated a birthday, not just me.

So, I was thinking last night as I was falling asleep, I'm now at a point of three-score and six. You know what that means, right? Four more years!

Now, I'm not God, I don't pretend to be God, nor would I want to be God, but if God is willing, I'm willing to accept three-score and ten. I'm also willing to accept more than that, but I would like it to be with less pain. Which brings me to another topic for today.

I went to the pain clinic today. Apparently, the sciatic nerve is inflamed. I have arthritis very bad in both my hips, and a disc problem on the left side. The doctor asked me 10 times (well, he asked me four times) if I was sure that the pain I was having was on my right side. DUH! I do know my right from my left, most days.

So, he started poking me in the back, and low and behold, the right side was the side that when touched nearly put me on the floor it hurt so bad. So, I guess I proved to him that I was correct, that the pain I have is on my right side. So, about the disc problem, I asked? No answer. I asked again. He said, "I'll see you in two months." And he walked out. I don't think he's going to see me in two months.

Fortunately, I have a "chat" appointment with my GP in two weeks and I'll discuss the back problem which really has been cleared up with the patch, at least for now, with her; and then I'll also discuss with her about getting something for the knees, like maybe cortisone shots? A lot of the elder people who are neighbors of mine have had success with those shots.

That's it for today. Be back tomorrow? Maybe.

ttfn

No comments: