Monday, August 24, 2009

what a week!

Last week was something else. It went so fast, and I held up pretty well.

On Thursday and Friday, two of my granddaughters stayed with me and Alan. We had a blast. We did what I always do when I have these children -- we went to the library, had lunch from Mc D's, visited the dollar store (that makes two times in two weeks that I went into a store!) and went swimming. The girls played dress-up and I'm finding more of my old clothes for them to play with. I now have a separate section of the toy box with dress up things in it. And some new doll clothes for the dolls.

I've been cleaning as much as I can, and trying to get my scrap book room cleaned and polished before Alan's brother David and Dave's wife, Libby, arrive to spend a couple of days with us. Even with me having my Tambo to clean for me, I still have a need to straighten and clean as well. Two weeks is a long time. But I can only do one room at a time. When she comes, the whole house sparkles, which is much better than what I do.

I went to a scrap book crop on Saturday and booked 6 pages. Not too bad. My neighbor, Mary, and I had planned to only be there for three hours. Instead, we were there for 5 hours. That's the longest I have ever held up at a scrap fest. I was so proud of myself. And except for complete exhaustion (at least I guess that's what it was) afterward, I didn't suffer any bad physical problems from the marathon.

I have slept a lot the last week. It goes in cycles. Sometimes I sleep hardly at all, then boom! I'll sleep for 12 or 14 hours and the days following are the same. I'm in a sleep cycle, I guess.

And yes, I've noticed how dark it is getting so soon at night, and how dark it is in the morning. I don't like winters. Oh, I love the cold weather, but not the dark. And after reading a book about Alaska I wonder how those folks can stand the long, long dark days of winter, and how they get sleep at all when they have the sun almost all day long in the summer. But they do survive. So, I guess I can survive the darkening times ahead.

No broccoli on my menus for this week. That should make my niece very happy!

TTFN