Thursday, August 6, 2009

I went to the pool today


This is a picture of my granddaughter Grace at the pool. She is IN the pool. I did NOT go IN the pool, I just went TO the pool. And I have to add that this picture wasn't taken today, but I couldn't find my "pool" pictures, so I had to improvise.
Yes, I went to the pool today. I got up early, got showered, took my pills and waited. When I was able to walk fairly well, I headed down to the garage and got on the scooter and went to the pool. Since today was the first nice day for almost a week, I thought there would be a lot of people down there.
I used to be able to see if there was a crowd, or even a few people there from my lanai/porch/deck/patio, but the trees have grown in the last 8 years and now my view of the pool is mildly obstructed.
When I got there I found that there were several people sitting around, and it was good to see folks again. It was only the second time I've been to the pool all summer. Of course, this is vacation month for many of our folk, so there were only five others there, but the conversation was swift. We didn't talk much about our aches and pains, as we usually do, nor did the conversation about which new restaurant was the best to visit. We basically caught up on our families' comings and goings. What a nice neighborhood, to know each other's families -- those living off-campus, so to speak.
As I mentioned I did NOT go into the pool. Two reasons. One, the water, as I was warned, was very, very cold. Reason number two is that when I get in, I have difficulty getting out. I can get up the lower three steps, but the top step is a bit steeper, and usually the railing is slippery from use by people who have slathered themselves with sun blocking lotion, and when I grab hold, I usually tend to fall or slippery slide, at least I have the last few times.
So, today, while I took with me a small cloth to use when I got out of the pool which would prevent the slippery effect from hindering me from making that top step, the water was just too cold.
Maybe I'll try tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice again, and the water surely warmed up some today because it seemed to me to get pretty hot out there today.
I apologize again to my Texas readers. 80 degrees is hot for us this summer!
ttfn

No comments: