Friday, August 14, 2009

More wonderful grandchildren






These are pictures I took at the pool. Annie, Becky, and Grace -- in the pool.

Well it's been another wonderful day spent with grandchildren. Becky and her three children arrive last night, spent the night, and early this morning Dan got up (it was 6:45 a.m., I had been up for about 15 minutes). I gave him a banana to ward off his hunger pains, not wanting to cook eggs and bacon twice, and knowing that his sisters and mom wouldn't be up much before 9:00 a.m. Surprise, surprise, they got up at 8:00 a.m. So I put on the bacon and eggs. Breakfast was served around 8:30. And the girls, Beck and I sat on the porch, and the men (Dan and Alan) sat at the table indoors. And then the games began -- games between Pop-Pop and Dan. Dan loves games as does his grandfather, so they set up at the table and had at it. Dad did get down to the pool for about 15 minutes, but he spent the rest of the time in the condo with Alan.
I actually did get into the pool today. It was so hot even in the shade, that I finally had to get myself wet or die (at least that was my belief at that time). The pool water wasn't too bad, but it was cooling. I didn't swim, and I didn't get all the way down the steps fearing I wouldn't be able to get back up them. I did okay, though. I sat on the third step, complete submerged except for my head. Does that count as getting INTO the pool?
It always amazes me when the pain disappears, and while I was at the pool, the pain really did go away for quite a while.
After we came back from the pool around 2:30 p.m. we sat around trying to decide what we were going to do. After two hours of hashing that out, but not moving from the chairs on which we posted ourselves for the discussion, we decided, or rather Dan decided, that he was hungry, and so off to Bob Evans we went for dinner. They left from there.
All in all it was a very happy, lazy, summer day. Thanks Becky, Annie, Grace, and Dan for sharing it with me and Pop-Pop.
ttfn






1 comment:

Lori said...

Looks like you've had lots of fun with all your grandkids lately! Love all the pics and descriptions of your times together. :-)