Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What a day!









These are the few pictures I was able to get before my battery died. The first picture is me with the girls (Rose and Rachel) with our orange hair. The girls became Princess Laia (from Star wars) and I turned my wig around and became Chewbaca. David (bottom picture) was Luke Sky walker. The mustache was bothering him so we cut it off. He looked so much more handsome without the mustache! The picture is the one I refer to below. That's me on the left in the green dress.

Wow! I had such a great time with my grandchildren -- four of them -- Phil's children. Because of my physical limitations, I have to decide at the last minute that they can come visit me. But, I had tentatively set up a time for Amy to bring the children over. And she did. I had gotten to the dollar store so I had some goodies for the children, and I had them draw me a picture for my GC Picture Album.


Rose is quite an artist. I have put up a picture she drew today of me. I think she did a great job. The other children were in a hurry to get to other projects so they just scribbled a little bit on their paper. I also noticed that she is getting past the gawky stage and is turning into a very pretty little girl. She is also very sweet and quiet and cooperative and helpful.



David wants to be called "Dave" and because I've been calling him "David" for so many years, it will be hard for me to change, so I told him I'd call him "Sweetie" instead because I didn't want to offend him by calling him David. He was okay with that. He played a computer game for part of the time he was here, and he played with a toy I had gotten him at the Dollar Store -- a detective set. He enjoyed the gun especially because it shot soft darts.

Matthew actually LISTENED to me today, and we put together a couple of puzzles -- he loves them. And he let me help instead of his mom, for which his mom was thankful, I think. He's a nice boy.

Rachel was the good guy (or girl) in the play we all put on. I had bought the children "costumes" -- actually wigs and funny noses -- and even I had a wig. The children thought that was the funniest thing -- Memom wearing a wig, and I wore it backwards and kept blowing it away from my face which gave them fits of giggles.



I am so glad I had them come over today. I am so blessed. I didn't get many pictures because my battery went dead. But I did get a few.
ttfn

2 comments:

Amy said...

the kids and I had such a fun time with you! The orange hair is still popular around here as is the gun of course. At least one of the darts is missing in action but that doesn't stop Dave from pretending to shoot bad guys with it. Matthew has lost several puzzle pieces (no surprise there) but keeps talking about visiting me-mom and what fun he had. We love you lots!! I wish we could visit more often but with my kids as rambunctious and energetic as they are I don't want to wear you out.

Judi Hahn said...

Actually, your FIL and I discussed the children's behavior after they left and we both agreed that they have settled down nicely and we will have them over more often. I guess when school starts it will be just Matt, but maybe a Saturday or Sunday afternoon will crop up and we'll see them then.

For me it's easier to have you come to me than me to go to you because of your stairs which just don't fit me any more at all.

Interesting story there -- about me and stairs. But I won't go into it now. Just to say, we enjoyed the children very much when they were here last.

M