Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've been busy


I know all you BLOG readers have been anxiously awaiting the next episode in the life of Alan and Judi. I've been busy.

Last night I had a great scrap meet at the house. We had such a good time. I was running between the scrapers and my supply closet selling off many of the items I have collected from my time as a Creative Memories representative. I think I mentioned that I was "downsized" in December. It was my fault, I suppose. I didn't meet the deadline for an order (which I wasn't aware was due) and they said they sent me an e-mail to remind me. I still don't have that e-mail in my in-box. But that reminder would have reached me when Alan and I were on our cruise to nowhere, and I didn't take a computer with me on that trip. After all we were only gone 10 days.


When we got back, I had a order ready, but by the time I dumped it into the computer I received a message back when I tried to send the order that I had been terminated and if I wanted to get back in I could do that by placing a $500 order and add $50 to reinstate me. I don't think so. I'm through. Alan's happy. I'm still wanting to get new products, but don't want to pay full price.

Anyway, I'm selling off what I have -- I over ordered on items that I knew were being discontinued. And last night we had fun scraping and the ladies buying at huge discounts.

I've also been working on another project which is private and personal, but as a reminder to me I'm writing it down. Remember? This is supposed to be my daily "journal" for all the world to read if they want. After all, if I were writing it down in a book, when I die someone would read it. So, I let them read it now instead.

I'm still inputting names and addresses into my Contacts file. Why does that take so much time? And why do I hate doing it so much?

I found out that my cousin Micki isn't doing well. She's in a nursing home in St. Augustine. There is no phone in her room. And I'm wondering if I should go down to Florida after all for a week or so just to see her and tell her in person that she is loved. We have a couple of weeks in our time-share bank that I could use if I can get the transfers. Alan is thinking about it. I'm not really sure I want to drive down there, but I really want to see Mick one more time.

Today is my first grandchild's 16th birthday!!!! Sixteen years ago by this time of the day he had been born. His name is Shandon Matthew Stamper. That's him in the picture. It was taken four months ago.
We used to call him little Shandon, because his daddy is big Shandon. Now little Shandon is almost six feet tall, so we call him Shandon 2.0. Cute? He's a handsome lad. I love him dearly. He has a wonderful disposition. He is caring to me and his pop-pop. And he's wonderful with the little brother and sister. He'll make a great daddy. Of course, he has a good example to learn from.

I am often awed by the love poured upon my grandchildren by their fathers. I have always loved to see fathers and sons doing things together. I recall a Congressman from Ohio who, every time I saw him in Cincinnati or at some political function (back in the days when I was in politics, sort of) he was carrying his two-year-old, then three-year-old, then four-year-old son. I loved seeing that. And I love watching fathers play with their children in parks.

I guess I haven't written so much about my busy-ness but I'm ready to be busy again today. Today I get the house cleaned. Of course, I did a bit of cleaning before the ladies came yesterday, so there's not so much regular cleaning to do. I have a couple of special projects, though. And today is shopping day. I don't go, but I send my cleaning lady to Krogers with a list. She's very good at getting me the brands I like and if I forget something she calls to ask if I need that item this shopping cycle. I wish I could do my own shopping but the legs won't stand for it (pun intended).

So, readers, I must say ttfn.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hey, could you maybe post Micki's mailing address and all of us viewers of the BLOG could send her a card to let her know she is loved and thought of?
Thanks & we love you, too- so very much!!!
J Rose and Cody

Judi Hahn said...

Wish I could, but I don't have it and neither did her sister. All I know is that she's in a "home" in FL, and can't ever go back to her "home" and wants to go "Home." Get my drift?