Monday, February 15, 2010

Finally

Finally, a good snow. And, yes, we ARE snowed in! I'm loving it. An excuse to just sit and watch the flakes drift down and collect on the road, our car -- which we just got cleared off. I would take a picture of the library window, but since the snow has piled up to over half of the lower part of the window (about 1/4 of the way up a 5 foot window) it's kinda dark. And the wind is blowing the other direction. I don't get it.

We've had moderate to heavy snow all day. The little low pressure system is sitting right on top of us spinning and spinning and spewing and spewing, so we're getting a bit more than the weather people expected we would get. It's okay with me.

I needed a grandchild fix so I talked to Rosie for a little bit. She informed me that her family doesn't like the cold. I think her parents don't like the cold and are convincing the children that they don't like the cold either. At least I know it's not a genetic thing because I love the cold and so does my middle daughter, and probably my youngest daughter as well. At least they like to be out in the snow PLAYING. Adults playing? Yep!

I'm still fighting this bronchitis and the cough stuff is just below where it should be so I could break it's hold on me. Coughing does nothing but sound bad, nothing moves. Maybe I should use Alan's method for clearing up a cough -- straight whiskey. Nah! Can't do that. I can't get past the taste.

I made a wonderful dinner tonight of stuffed pork chops and farfalle Alfredo. I ate about 1/4 of what I dished up for myself. Alan cleared his plate. I felt so full after a few bites that I could go no further. I suppose it's because I have not been eating for almost a week now and my stomach has shrunk. Not sure that's why, but it seems reasonable. No weight loss, though.

I hear the sidewalk/driveway cleaners outside clearing off the mess. I don't know why they're working now, except that they expect the snow to stop soon. However, the weather channel just said we were in for another round after midnight of about another 3 inches. I guess I can drive and walk in 3 inches of snow. I DO have boots that I have worn only 4 times since I got them about 10 years ago.

I prefer to wear shoes and get my feet cold because the boots are so heavy it hurts my knees to walk in them, something I discovered after I purchased them.

Lands End sells a wonderful moch that is so light it's like wearing no shoe at all. I have two pairs -- one in red and one in brown. It's lined as well.

Tonight's Olympics is supposed to be ice skating -- pairs. Last night was so disappointing. They'd show one pair, then drift off to something else, then come back to another pair, and drift off again. It was like they just picked some of the couples for us to see. I want to see them all, not just the top four. Does anyone else agree with me on that? Was anyone else disappointed in NBC's coverage of the pairs skating? In fact, is anyone else not liking the coverage of the Olympics so far?

Well, enough for this day. I'm going to go back to the recliner and look out the window and watch the boys clear off the sidewalks which are getting covered just as soon as they clear. Laughable.

ttfn

No comments: