Saturday, February 20, 2010

Icicles




Alan and I haven't or hadn't been outdoors for two weeks. Our car was cleared off by our neighbor and then by the snow removal guys. So, we could have gone out if we had reason to.




Last night, after feeling almost dead for over a week I suggested to Alan that we go out to eat. I just didn't feel like cooking, which has been a daily occurrence since I got sick. Oh, I've been preparing something for lunch and dinner (we don't do breakfast) but by the time I finished with the preparation, I was wiped out and didn't want to eat, although my stomach has been gnawing away because I really have felt hungry. There just was no desire at all to eat anything. To help lighten the load so to speak, I even had my personal shopper pick up some TV dinners. Yuck!




Is it me, or have those TV dinner things deteriorated a lot in the past 10 years? I used to take a LeanCuisine in for lunch when I was working and they didn't taste too awful, but the one I had the other night -- well, let me just say, I ate a bite or two and pitched the rest.




So last night I asked Alan if we could go some place to eat. It was Friday night. NOT a good time to decide to eat out, because everyone in Campbell County, KY eats out on Friday night. Well, we went out anyway, and waited for 35 minutes for a table. That turned out okay because some of our neighbors were making the same mistake (eating out on Friday night) and so we had someone other than ourselves to talk to. That was nice because we hadn't seen anyone since the Christmas party at the clubhouse in early December.




Well, I hadn't coughed all day until we got back home then the hacking started in again, and I was certain I wasn't going to get to sleep, especially after being in bed and sleeping away most of the day. Well, I did sleep and had a squirrely dream that kept going and going and going and going, but I can't remember a thing about it. All I remember is the fibromyalgia made it difficult to find a comfortable position in the bed, and between twists and turns to try to find a place on my body that didn't hurt, I would fall off into la-la land again and continue the squirrely dream.




So, now it's Saturday morning and I'm not wide awake, but I'm awake enough and feeling okay enough to be out of bed for a while. I suppose I'll get some laundry done today and finish cleaning in the kitchen, a task I started yesterday and got as far as getting the broom out of the closet, then I felt the need to head back to bed.




This is the weirdest thing: no sore throat, no fever, just this very, very low rattle in my chest that makes me want to cough, but when I cough the rattle doesn't move up and out like it should and it hurts like -- well, it hurts something fierce. And I have no energy at all.




Why did I call this "Icicles". Well, our neighbor who is reading our Louis L'Amour books came over for another stash, and warned us not to use the front door in case the unusually long icicles came falling down upon us. We didn't -- we went out through the garage, which was equally as hazardous, but the ice was on the ground instead. I told Alan we should throw a blanket on the ground and walk on that. He was of a mind to be gallant and help me over the "river of ice" that was in front of the garage, instead of using a blanket. What a guy!




ttfn

No comments: