Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It will, yes it will

I was hoping you could see the snowflakes in this picture, but you can't. They were pretty big ones. This is just a picture to let you know that we do have snow.
That lump down there is our car. Next to it is a dogwood tree, obviously not ready to bloom yet.




It will snow. It has snowed. It started around 1:30 a.m. And now as I look out the window and it is barely snowing. When I looked out the window a minute ago it was snowing so hard I could barely see across the street. I like the second scenario much better than the first. A full day of snow will be nice. The plow just went by our home, but didn't get down to street level yet. You can't see the black of the street, but you can tell that it was plowed. I suppose they will have to treat what the plow missed.


Now, I know my DIL isn't happy about it. But my other two daughters are. I also know that the men are probably grumbling because they will have to remove the stuff from walkways and drives. Well, our annual snowstorm is here and I'm glad. I'm praying that it doesn't change over to freezing rain, as predicted. Ice on top of snow, or layered in between snow is not fun for anyone, including me.
Another topic: I woke up with a scratchy throat this morning and my voice is three registers lower than normal. I haven't been eating lemons as regularly as I had been. I guess I need to go suck on a lemon and get me some good old vitamin C (without popping a pill).
It's so quiet. I love the quiet of a snowy morning. I think I'll go brew a pot of German chocolate cake coffee. It's the best ever. It tastes of chocolate and coconut, sort of like a Mounds bar.
So, ttfn.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oooooh. German chocolate coffee? Yum!!!!!! Enjoy your snow day. :-)