Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow

We didn't get as much snow as was predicted. I think we probably got about 3 inches, max. But it did look pretty when I got up this morning around 8 a.m. You can see how the wind has pushed the snow into the screen on the northeast side of the sun porch.

The snow is blowing which makes it look worse than it is. The driveway/walkway shovelers have arrived which means the storm is almost over.
When I got up this morning the streets in our community had not yet been cleared, at all. I noticed some tracks on the street, weaving tracks, indicating that we did, in fact, get some ice. Now that the street out front has been cleared, I can see a layer of ice under the snow.

This is about what it looks like now. It's still snowing pretty hard, but the flakes are small, not big like yesterday. And the wind is really blowing out there, but not at blizzard strength. The trees are so pretty because of the ice under the snow. The ice has grabbed onto the snow and isn't letting go.


This is the view at 8 a.m. before they cleared the streets. It's still snowing and blowing and I'm loving it.
ttfn




I didn't mean to include this picture of Rachel in her valentine's dress -- I think the father/daughter dance is next weekend. She has gold shoes to go with the dress and a new hair cut. She'll look beautiful.
ttfn





No comments: