Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Books

I have always loved to read. I would rather read than watch TV (unless it's Survivor or Amazing Race). And my husband gave me a Kindle for my birthday. I have to say, it's the best gift he has ever given me (that I can remember). Even better than the years he has bestowed expensive jewelry on me picked up in the Bahamas. And, believe me, I do love things that glitter. Just like I love Christmas trees (because they glitter).

So, I received my Kimble yesterday. And it is so USER FRIENDLY. I picked it up and without even reading any instructions, I was on my way.

I did finally read through the User's Manual (88 pages) on the Kindle and decided to print it out so that I could learn better about all the gidgets and gadgets that the "book" has. And, there are lots of them.

It even has a voice mode, so it can read to me!

I downloaded a lot of freebies and one KJV Bible -- which was 99 cents. I started reading one of the books this morning when I took my meds and while I waiting for them to kick in.

I'm still drained physically from the bronchitis, but better than I was. Alan seems to be improving as well.

We had a few "snow bursts" today. That's what the weather people are calling the 15-minute white-outs. No accumulation though. They say that tonight we will get more snow, but only an inch or so of accumulation. Good. I still love the snow, but I am now ready for Spring to come and warm my porch. Maybe I would feel better if I surrounded myself with Vitamin D.

I'm back to my Kindle in a few minutes. For my birthday which is really next week, I want Amazon gift cards so I can fill up my gadget with lots of new books.

For those who don't know, I usually read a book a day. yes, no kidding. Unless I am swamped with other things, I read that much. Lately I've been downloading printable piano music and found several of the old favorites I had when I was learning to play. Lots of Bach and a special Valse I used to play all the time when I was a teenager. And guess what? I can still play it! I was amazed that I picked it right up. If only my hands weren't so hurting. Maybe with some exercise, they'll feel better? I did discover that three more keys are dead, so I have to get the piano guy to come out and fix those keys.

It seems the old (73 years old) piano is feeling its age -- like its owner.

ttfn

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for playing piano for us when we came over for Rachel's birthday. You are really very talented!