Friday, February 5, 2010

Rain!

Rain, rain go away, snow, snow, come my way.

Why can't they ever get a weather forecast correct. All we're getting is rain. Rain! It was supposed to snow. We were supposed to get a rain/snow mix. The snow is not in the mix, sorry to say, so all we're getting is rain, which will turn to freezing rain and ice and that is not good. Snow is good.

Yes, I'm a bit disappointed. Friday is the best day for it to snow because Saturday is a stay-at-home day for most people anyway, and then streets are clear enough so that church isn't cancelled. But, it's not to be.

Oh, I know, they are still saying we'll get snow overnight, but I'm not believing it. Not at all.

Well, I got up at 4 a.m. to watch the Kathryn Hepburn version of Little Women. I still prefer the June Allison version. I think that is the best. However, I'm getting so I can almost iterate the dialog word-for-word. That would indicate that I've seen that movie too many times, I think.

Alan has become a old, black-and-white movie fan. I don't mean he's old (which he is), but that he likes the old movies. He watches them a lot. The other night we watched Amelia (not an old movie), which I thought was a chick movie. It had no four-letter words in it, and no bare skin. She had an affair while married, but reconciled with her husband and dropped the man with whom she was having the affair a couple of years before she disappeared. This was mentioned but not dwelt upon. I think Richard Gere did a fantastic job as her husband, George Putnam. If I could I'd vote for him for an Oscar.

I love my son. He came over yesterday. I fed him steak for supper (his favorite), and he linked up my computer to the laser printer, the color (picture) printer, and the scanner. I know I could have done it myself, but he is so much faster at doing that sort of thing than I am. We had a good time together while we worked on another project. We're all still praying that he finds a job soon.

He told Alan and me that he now realizes that God had been holding him up (supporting him) when he had a job, and now that he doesn't have a job, God is holding him higher (supporting him in more ways). He put it much better than I'm putting it, but you get the picture.

It's just after noon and it's getting darker. Does that mean it's going to snow? I certainly hope so.

UPDATE: Around 3:30 this afternoon it started to snow. It stopped at 10 p.m. We were supposed to get snow overnight. But radar seems to be showing the storm moving just north of the Ohio River, and we're just south, so I'm guessing our "big snow event" "winter storm warning" is over. Bummer. But, we did get one inch of snow, just enough to cover the grass.

ttfn

No comments: