Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Still snowing

Sort of. We've had "snow showers" off and on since last night. Our street is covered as is the driveway and the car is even more buried. Officially at the airport we have had 11 inches in this particular storm. I think I can believe that report. And with the wind, at times we do have white-out. I think all the schools in the area were closed today, but as of 1 a.m. they weren't. Since Cincinnati Public was closed, and Ft. Thomas was closed, and because it got so icy overnight, I'm just thinking all the schools were closed. I guess my grandchildren are having a ball today slipping and sliding.

We did get dug out, having our driveway cleared and around the car was cleared, but they didn't clean it off (not their job). Tomorrow, I'll have to get out, no matter how rotten I feel, and get the car cleared off and mail some cards.

I know what I'm about to write will sound like complaining, but it's not. It's just for information.

I had a terrible night. I hurt so bad even the tips of my fingers and toes couldn't stand to be touched by the blanket, which was definitely necessary because of the cold, cold weather. Add to that a deep, mucous-filled cough, which when I wasn't coughing caused me to wheeze so badly the noise was keeping me awake. I never knew that you could wheeze a melody. You can. Don't try it. It's annoying as well.

So, at noon Alan finally made some noise to waken me. He had been very, very quiet up to that point. I did get some sleep between 9 a.m. when I decided to get out of bed, and noon. I didn't get out of bed at 9 a.m. I tried, but I was so tired, I decided to try one more time to get some sleep. And I did.

So, I'm up, writing in my journal of record and my finger tips which are typing this report are feeling not to bad. I guess the fibromyalgia flare-up has flared down for now. I do wish I knew what causes these set backs. Is it something I ate? Did I forget to take a pill? Did I do too much work? Is it because I didn't drink enough water? I don't know. But to all the questions above, except for the eating one, I can say "no". And I didn't eat anything that I haven't eaten in the last week, so I don't think that's it.

Continue to pray for Bob (my best friend's husband). They don't know what is wrong with him, but he's had several tests. He is feeling terrible. I guess we all would if we had our abdominal cavity drained of fluid three times in two weeks.

You know when I don't sleep I think of all kinds of topics for my various BLOGs, but I don't write them down, then I frustrate myself trying to think of what I was thinking about throughout my wakeful time. I had several I thought of last night, but this afternoon they're gone from my mind. Oh well. If they come to me and I'm near a pen and paper (all the phones have paper and pen nearby) I'll make notes.

So, to all your 3 readers out there, I say, TTFN.

No comments: