Friday, January 29, 2010

Contacts

No, not the kind you wear in your eyes. Contacts -- as in names, addresses, and phone numbers.

I'm rebuilding my contacts file. Slowly. I had printed out my contacts list several years ago, so I have a place to begin. I'm not having fun do this, especially since there are other things pressing me which are really more important. But the lack of contacts on my new old computer bugs me.

I wish we were getting some of that snow that is going to hit just south of here. If only my home was about 30 miles further south, we'd be getting a nice white covering. As it is, we have the gloom of the clouds, but no precipitation.

I know many, many folks are glad we're not getting anything from the sky, including a couple of my grandchildren who are going on a church retreat this weekend. Actually, they don't care if it snows AFTER they get there, because being snowed in for a few days with their friends wouldn't be too bad. I guess the chaperones might have a different view of that kind of situation. Maybe not, though.

I was up at 6 a.m. today, but let me explain that. I went to bed at 6 p.m. last night. Alan woke me around 8 and wanted dinner. I mumbled that I was having chills and I ached very badly and could he please get himself a couple of sandwiches. Now, we're out of cheese (sandwich cheese), and he just hates sandwiches without cheese. So this morning he told me that he had a very meager dinner last night, and what did I do with the pastries I bought at Servates.

I had hidden them because I knew he would devour them all without even thinking that he was eating so many delicious pastries. He did eat half a pie yesterday, but apparently he forgot that until I reminded him. His excuse? Well, I had a very meager dinner. And as I said I had told him to make a couple of sandwiches. No cheese equals meager dinner. I don't get that, but in his mind, if he doesn't have cheese on a sandwich, it's "meager."

Well, today, he's getting tuna fish without cheese, and believe me, it won't be a "meager" sandwich. Dinner will be fried chicken and potato salad. No cheese. So, I suppose that will be a "meager" meal as well.

I could sprinkle some Parmesan on it, I suppose, and that might make it less "meager." I know he's hinting that I should get in the car and go to the deli, which is 12 miles away, and get some cheese. But, my shopper will be doing her thing on Tuesday. I think he can wait that long. Don't you?

ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

:-) we think this sounds eerily familiar...