Monday, January 25, 2010

It's flu season

So how did I get it? The stomach one, that is? I haven't been out of the house for over a week, but let me tell you, it's no fun, and it hurts all over, not just in the belly.

I think I'm coming out of it now, at least I hope so. I have periods of aches and running to the bathroom for one thing or another, but the time between the aches and chills and running is getting longer.

Today it snowed! And, ta-da, I still don't have my computer!

I was watching TV this afternoon, and fell asleep in the recliner (which I never do), or blanked out, just for about 10 minutes. When I woke up, I noticed that the roof next door was all white, it had snowed that much in that short of time. But it was a short-lived shower. However, it's snowing again, and from radar it looks like it might continue for a couple of hours, since it's still snowing in Illinois and that has to go through Indiana before it goes through Ohio/Northern Kentucky.

For you out-of-towners, Northern Kentucky only refers to the three counties, that but up on the Ohio River at the corner of Indiana and Ohio. We live in one of those three counties. Cincinnati takes up most of the Ohio part. The other "northern Kentucky" counties rarely go by being Northern Kentucky, they are Eastern or Western or just this county or that county.

I did notice today that it was light longer. Even though we are still experiencing Cincinnati Gray, the light was still filtering through the blinds at 6 p.m., albeit faintly.

I just looked outside and the street seems to be glazed with ice, but I wonder if it is ice. I'm not going outdoors to find out. Since it was so warm last week, the ground is still warm, I'm guessing, and the glaze I see is just water. I'll know in the morning when I don't hear the school buses passing in front of the house at 7 a.m. The cars are all covered with snow and the grass is no longer visible.

Alan is in bed already (24 is over and he's out like a light). I haven't watched 24 except for snippets. It's not on my list of things to see. I know so many people think I'm nuts to not watch it, I just can't get into it. I'd rather be reading.

So, after I finish with my BLOG checks, I'm going to read some more in my current Louis L'Amour book, and maybe I'll fall asleep.

ttfn

No comments: