Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We did it

We got out and about. Alan and I, that is. We went to the bread store. I went in, browsed the six shelves, bought some bread, hamburger buns, and a garlic/cheese biscuit mix, then hopped (dream on, Judi) into the car. I didn't hop, I scrunched.

We then went to the post office and Alan purchased a bunch of 2 cent stamps. We have two rolls of stamps and needed to get the lower-cost stamps so that we have enough postage to go with the stamps on the rolls. They told us there would be no rate increase this year. I'm writing out my Christmas cards now, putting the postage on them, and they'll be all ready for next Christmas' mailing. I didn't get any cards out this year. I guess you could say I'm a little behind.

Then we went to the drug store, the liquor store after that. Let me explain. We don't drink hard liquor, but we have found that a snort of whiskey a couple of times a day when you have a cold works better than Robitussin or Night-Quill and it's much, much cheaper. So we got a bottle of whiskey.

Then off we went to the optometrist. Alan needed his glasses adjusted. I ran (yeah, right) next door to the pizza store and got three small pizzas (put two in the freezer). These pizzas are the kind that you bake yourself, but they make them fresh for you in the store. Then I went next door to stock up on some Chinese lunches for me. Alan isn't overly fond of oriental cooking. Me? I can't get enough of it.

Then we came home.

I found an electric staple gun on-line for $20 and ordered it. I will then have no excuse for not recovering my dining room chairs which are grandchild stained, those stains not removable. I'll also recover a footstool I have. It will then match my new chair.

I put a load in the dryer and put away ONE box of Christmas stuff. Only one of the 20 or s0 I have to work on. I'm so not into putting my stuff away. I love seeing it. It cheers me up, so I might just leave it up until next year.

If we get snow tomorrow, won't it be nice to sit in my new living room chair with a cup of hot chocolate with my living-room Christmas lights lit up? Yes, it will.

ttfn

No comments: