Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lazy Sunday Afternoons

I love lazy Sunday afternoons. Today is a non-nap Sunday, though. The Vikings just whipped Dallas. And Alan is gearing up for the next game, San Diego/NY Jets. I really could care less about that game, but I rather enjoyed watching the Vikings whup the Cowboys.

I just finished a new Louis L'Amour book (The End of the Road). It was published after his death and contains a few short stories, and one novelette. His son found the manuscripts after Louis' death and published this book.

Now, I have to find another book to read. I read while I'm waiting for meds to kick in. And I read to put myself to sleep at night. I hit the community library the other day and got a few that I THINK I haven't read yet. I usually put my initial in the books I've read so I don't pick them up again. I do that with library books also -- not my initial but a large dot in the upper left-hand corner of the inside front cover. I got tired of bringing home books that I had read before. I'm not good at remembering titles, and when you have an author such as Louis L'Amour who has written over 100 books.

So, I'm lazing away this afternoon, swilling some lemonade. I know, it's not warm enough for lemonade, but I don't care. I like lemonade, so I'm drinking lemonade (home made).

ttfn

No comments: