Monday, January 11, 2010

Progress

Alan heard me hammering and had to find out what I was doing. I was attaching a small mirror to a wall in our bedroom where I already have hung four small mirrors. Alan asked if I enjoyed looking at myself. After all, he reminded me, we had a wall of mirrors where the walk-in closet is located. I told him, I knew that, and I avoided looking in that direction as much as possible. So, why, he wanted to know would I hang another mirror. I reminded him that it was a small mirror and this was better because I could just look at my best features and be selective about it.

Of course, at this point in my life, I don't really have any "best" features. The mirrors are purely decorative and they give us more light in the room (not that we need more light since one wall is entirely windows).

But the progress part of today's BLOG is regarding my chair seat covering project. The progress is: I have purchased a staple gun (electric) and have inserted the staples. I have the staple-gun, material, and my small tool box on the dining room table and am ready to go. See? That's progress. Hopefully, I'll get the chairs covered tomorrow. In my younger days I could have (and did) covered four chairs in about one hour. I know that it will probably take me four hours to cover those four chairs -- that's one hour per chair. If I get a chair covered in less than an hour, I'll be surprised. I just don't move quickly any more. But I'm faster than Alan. I mean, talk about molasses in January. Even spilled molasses on an icy surface in January would move faster than Alan. But he has a nice smile and a wonderful disposition, so what more could I ask for?

More progress to report: I put away some more Christmas decorations. I only the tree to take down, and the snowmen to put away. But while there is snow on the ground or the possibility of snow on the ground, the snowmen stay out. I'm very firm about that. Alan doesn't particularly care for the snowmen, but he tolerates them.

So, progress is being made even though fybromyalgia is poking at me more and more.

ttfn

No comments: