Friday, January 8, 2010

Random thoughts

It's still snowing, sort of. More like the puffs we've been having all winter until yesterday. We actually got a few inches of snow and the schools, including Cincinnati Public are all closed again today, so I guess my grandchildren are all sledding and building forts and getting their clothing all wet and all the other things kids do when it snows.

Tonight was supposed to be Jonah's birthday party -- his birthday is actually in a couple of weeks, but his bff can't come then because he'll be away with his family in warmer climes. Are there any? Warmer climes, that is? It's even cold in Florida. Not as cold, but still cold. Alan and I won't be going because the driveway hill is too icy for us to make it up to the house. Fortunately, Cyndi bought Jonah something for me to give him. His other grandmother can't come either. At least his friends will be there. I'll get over to see him before the actual date of his birthday and give him a hug. He still accepts them.

Why is it boys don't want to be hugged by their grandmothers? It could be worse. I could pinch their cheeks!

I'm not complaining about the cold. I prefer it to heat. And one can always add more clothing to get warmer. But when it's hot, and nakedness is as cool as one can get, and that's still not cool enough, well, what is one to to at that point? As a woman I know how HOT things can get -- you know those hot flash things. I still get them and they really area hot, but from within, not without. Hot flashes are not like standing in front of a campfire and getting hot, it's like the heat comes from inside and it's very, very uncomfortable. That's all I can say. So cool is better.

I seem to be getting used to the 60 degree in-house temperature. I am actually not cold any more and I'm not wearing 10 layers of clothing either. I actually have on a long skirt, a mid-length-sleeved top and heavy socks and I'm very comfy.

It's still snowing. Did I mention that? Yes. I just scanned upward and found out that I did mention that. And right now I can see the flakes coming down at a pretty good clip.

I've read almost half of the History of Runnemede book and have some more research to do on my own about the history of the folks in Runnemede whose names are very familiar to me, many of which being church members and childhood friends of mine. That should take a little bit of time.

I tried to find out more about "Suicide Hill" on-line. I was unable to find out any more about the hill that I already knew. But maybe I'm looking in the wrong places or using the wrong search engine.

I'm making chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight. I had a left over chicken carcass so I'm cooking that down and making a thick soup for dinner. I'm also going to make garlic-cheese biscuits, yum. That should do it.

Alan and I are both doing pretty well mobility wise today. I'll never understand why some days are a pleasure to be walking around in, and others are awful. Is it the amount of sleep? The amount of time staying in bed in the morning, whether I'm awake or sleep? Is it a matter of walking more and more, exercising those muscles that surround the messed up bones? I don't know.

I put away some Christmas things today. The porch lights were taken down. The piano was cleared off, and the bedroom lights were put away as well. Not much, but little by little I'll get it done, just as little by little I got it all up.

I think I'll go back to my researching.

TTFN

No comments: