Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another family get together

Yesterday, Saturday, was a day when two football teams which I MIGHT enjoy watching were playing in the playoffs of the NFL. Philly (Eagles) and Cincinnati (Bengals). That being said, several family members wanted to watch the games with Alan, who never misses a game (unless he's in a hospital somewhere).

So Becky, her husband, Quinn, and her children, Grace, Dan, and Annie dropped in -- actually drove the 1 and 1/2 hours plus from their home in Indiana -- and Phil, my son, and one of his sons, David, joined the group. Some game watching did occur. Alan had a rule which didn't seem to be followed by one and all -- that was, talking was only to occur during commercials. The children weren't really good at following that rule. Eventually, the grandchildren, bored with football decided to draw and/or play computer games.

I made a rib roast which everyone seemed to enjoy. Anyway, there were no leftovers, and it was a large roast. It was served with mashed potatoes, a "greens" salad, which Becky made, and a fruit salad, as well. No dessert. I forgot. I was going to bake a pie, but the day got away from me.

It was not a good day, pain wise. But we had a fun time. Phil fixed Alan's laptop so that I can get my e-mails on that computer and have my contacts on that computer as well. And he set up the laptop so that I can now print to Alan's printer. Wireless capabilities are wonderful.

Now, it's Sunday afternoon, and I'm vegging, or recovering, or whatever you want to call it. I slept poorly because of fibromyalgia pain. I know that this BLOG is supposed to be about being vertically challenged and other difficulties of growing old, or elderly, as my granddaughter puts it, so I'm just putting that bit in to keep up with the purpose of the BLOG.

Becky cleaned up for me after dinner, even though I asked her not to, but I'm glad she did.

I thought today was supposed to be sunny and I woke up at 7 a.m. and it was as dark as could be. If the sun was to be visible, there would have been a little bit of a light, but alas it was dark. Dark. Dark. It's early afternoon and there is still no sun visible. So, another bad weather forecast.

The upcoming week is light as far as activities go. The only thing that comes to mind is a weekend with Rachel. I'll pick her up after school and then we'll being our weekend of fun. I still don't know what activities we'll work on, but I'll come up with something.

So, Sunday, the day of rest is just that. Rest. I'm resting, BLOGging, and reading e-mails.

Boring! Oh yeah, both my teams lost yesterday, and I wasn't even watching them play (very much).

ttfn

No comments: