Saturday, January 23, 2010

I am still here

I added to the Runnemede Remembered BLOG today, so check it out.

I was gone, but not forgotten.

I have no computer, and have had to grovel for time on Alan's laptop. Mine is in the shop and is being completely erased so that it will work again. So, I'll have to rebuild everything -- and reboot all my drivers. Yuck. I'm not looking forward to those hours it will take to do that.

Before the computer went into the shop I transferred my contacts, e-mails, pictures, and documents to a mini-drive or whatever they're called, so I didn't lose anyhing I think is important. All those things were transferred to Alan's big computer and an external hard-drive we use for back-up. I haven't really lost anything except the drivers for the printers, and the conveniences I had set up on my laptop that I'll have to try to remember and dig out again.

But the reason for my not writing anything has not been because of my health or Alan's health. We have been muddling along as usual. Nothing new to report on the health end of our lives.

We are now into the Cincinnati Gray Days -- an annual event where the skies cloud over for a couple of months and the temperatures hover around 35 degrees, give or take a few degrees, and it may or may not drizzle all day. So, I don't really care to get out of bed on those days unless I have something that I have to do, like go to the doctors or be awake for my cleaning lady, or read my e-mails.

I mean, why bother? I'm comfortable in bed. I don't hurt, most days, when I'm in bed. And I get to read good books while I'm in bed. My bedroom is bright even on the grayest days because one wall is window. But I still know that the sky is gray.

I am glad to see that the grayness is coming earlier in the morning and leaving later in the afternoon. I so look forward to the sunny weather that will be back in mid-March. Most recently our Februaries and Marches have been in sunny Florida so I wasn't minding the gray of January so much, knowing that I would soon see that bright orb in the sky. We're not heading south this year. Bummer.

Maybe the lack of energy and not wanting to get out of bed is because of a lack of Vitamin D. Do you think that's the case? I've read that because of the skin cancer scare people are avoiding the sun and are becoming more lethargic because of their lack of Vitamin D. I have never worried about skin cancer or how much sun I get. I tan walking from the house to the car. I don't burn. Well, I burnt once, but that was my own stupid fault. I won't go there. That's another story for another day.

So, maybe I need to go to Walgreen's and get some vitamin D capsules? Would that help? Who knows? Of course if I did that, it would mean I have to get out of bed, get dressed, go downstairs and get into the car, drive the couple of miles to Walgreens, walk to the back of the store, get the Vitamin D capsules, and come back home, and go back to bed, probably. Hmmm. Sounds like a plan!

Finally, I long for the singing of the birds and the light of the sun. When the sun appears again, I shall be happy to spring out of bed (in my feeble way) and enjoy the day!

ttfn

No comments: