Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Update - Tuesday

I know, I know, it's been a while since I've updated this BLOG.  Well, I've been hurting from fibromyalgia and the drug I take to keep the pain down hasn't been working for a few days. 

Yesterday, however, I was able to attend the community ladies' luncheon, and had a lovely time.  I hurt, but I scootered over there, took a chair by the door, and was waited on.  The wonderful Chain Gang ladies serve us this annual lunch and those of us who are mobility challenged, and that number gets bigger every year,  love it.  This year we only lost two of our ladies.  Only, you say?  Well, yes, but one of our ladies is probably not going to make it out of this year.  We are all getting older and more infirm.

Alan has a doctor's appointment with Dr. Cody tomorrow and I pray he (Dr. C) doesn't send him to the hospital.  Alan is in terrible shape.  Thus, I'm in terrible shape.  Also, we're trying to hold off his annual MRI until after his birthday, so that Medicare can take up the slack in what we normally have to pay which is around $5K. 

I have all but the front decorated for Christmas.  It was difficult, but I did it.  Still haven't unpacked from our trip, though.  The dirty clothes are all washed and put away, so that's a plus.  When we head home we always put all the dirties in one suitcase.  Makes doing laundry very easy. 

I have almost all the shopping finished and I will soon have everything wrapped (I hope).  If Alan has to be hospitalized, we are both going to fight it because the last visit was just a fact-finding mission which found no facts and cost us a bundle which is still unpaid, and that was two years ago.  In fact, I don't think our bills for Flagstaff are paid off yet, either. 

I don't want a public option or any other kind of government run health care, even though we have to pay quite a bit for our prescriptions.  We have paid into medicare and with our insurance coverage, medicare covers what the insurance doesn't. 

We are getting rain, rain, rain.  Cold rain.  Wind-driven, cold rain.  No snow.  We seem to be in a gully and while the area around us is getting snow, we aren't.  Oh, well.  God is in control of the weather and I shouldn't complain about it.  I would just love for it to snow, though.

Well, that's a ttfn since it's very late (or early depending on your point of view) and I need to get to sleep.

No comments: