Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy day -- Friday

I picked Rosie up after her school day was finished. We are having such a wonderful time together. We are laughing and talking and chatting.

We started by going to the Dollar store to get her "last minute" Christmas shopping finished. I bought paper and some other containers for the games I'm playing with the children at the Christmas party on the 27th. I found great containers for the candy game. Yeah! And great containers for the money game. Another, yeah!

Then we went to Bob Evans (her choice) for dinner. We ate like piggies, but enjoyed every single bite. We brought enough home for lunch. My refrigerator being stuffed to the gills because of all the things my shopper got for me yesterday, I had to store the left overs from Bob Evans out on the lanai. It's cold enough that they will be fine until we eat them tomorrow.

We came home and wrapped presents, put the candy in the special containers I found, and got the money (change I have collected all year long) into their respective containers for the money exchange game.

Then we watched The Nativity Story, and watched the weather during commercials.

My sister called me earlier today and it was already snowing in North Carolina where she lives. So far (it's almost midnight) we haven't had a flake, but it is sleeting, so if the temperature drops as the weather people are predicting, we'll get some snow, but nothing like what they're getting in Mt. Airy, NC, or Runnemede, NJ. We are just on the border of nothing and snow. If the wind would blow just about 10 miles more toward the west, and push the storm just that far, we'd get some snow. I guess I'm glad for my sister. She loves snow as much as I do, especially at this time of year.

After the movie was over, we went into the bedroom and I read the first two chapters of "The Secret Garden" to her. I'll read some more tomorrow.

Tomorrow -- we are supposed to get Rosie's hair cut, then we're going to Bath and Body. Then we're coming home to eat our left overs. Then we're baking cookies. Rosie is really excited about baking some cookies with me. I'm not-so-much, but that's because it physically hurts my body to bake (or cook), but I've got to get some cookies made for the party, so I'll do it with Rosie and that will make it more interesting and more fun.

So, ttfn. I'll be back.

No comments: