Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Some good news

Well, Phil, who has been out of work since July 1, 2009, passed a very important computer certification exam today. We are all hoping that with this new upgrade in his qualifications, he will be able to get a job quickly.

It was a difficult task for Phil. My son has always been able to read something and photographically remember it. In other words, he's really good at facts and languages. But as he told me several weeks ago, this has been the hardest thing he has every had to do. I don't understand all the ins and outs of the exam but I think the picture reproduction (graphics?) might have been what was so difficult for him to reproduce. He's definitely not artistic.

He took the test three times -- today being the third time -- and had such a difficult time passing it. (Or was it four times, I've lost count.) He studied avoracely for weeks before taking each test, certain he would pass. He had never failed a test in his life before this. I guess failure is something that build character.

Anyway, we're very happy that he passed the test.

I didn't get Tuesday's tasks accomplished. I was having trouble sleeping all night, last night. My heart was racing to beat the band. So, I decided it might not be a good idea for me to be driving around today and just rested. Since we are both going to the doctor on Thursday and I knew I couldn't get in sooner, I didn't go to any doctor. And I wasn't about to go to the ER because I'd (1) have to drive myself; or (2), call the lifesquad. I guess I could have called a neighbor? Didn't think of that until just now.

Anyway, I was able to finally sleep without any heart problems, and am well rested. I'm still sleepy, so I should be able to sleep tonight.

I really need to clean up my office -- the official house Christmas collection room -- which is just full of Christmas paraphernalia and unwrapped boxes and wrapping paper and ribbons, etc. It's a real mess. I have a small path from the door to my computer and that's it. I should add that to my chore list to get completed before the family descends on us.

Tomorrow I'll do both Tuesday and Wednesday's tasks (I hope).

ttfn

No comments: