Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve. It has been all this busy day. It started (for me) around 8:30 a.m. The usual stuff -- I took my meds and waited. Around 9 a.m. Alan got up and told me he wasgoing to take a shower, but he would wait until I finished taking mine. I already had. He was surprised because it was only 9 a.m. and I had already showered.

Well, I had a lot to do today. I had to bake pies, clean up the joint, and especially clean up the kitchen, a major job with all the baking I had been doing the past two days.

So, I made the four pies -- two cherry and two mince. Then I dipped pretzels in chocolate -- they're for the party on the 27th. Tomorrow morning I have to make green bean casserole for our dinner (at Phil's).

I also did two loads of laundry. I still haven't put the clothing away that I washed today.

So, it's now the evening of Christmas Eve. We went to church with friends of ours and I loved the service. It was just singing Christmas carols (not junk songs) and reading Scripture of Christ's birth. Then we had the Lord's Supper and the pastor just read from the Bible what the Lord said at his last supper. It was a very nice service. The church was beautifully decorated, not overly so, just subtley.

And now, Alan and I are home. He is watching a Focus on the Family video about Israel.

And I'm going to bed. It's time. Tomorrow is Christmas. I wish you all a merry one.

ttfn

No comments: