Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

Well, it's almost over. Christmas 2009.

Alan and I went over to Phil's house for dinner and a few small gifts for the children. I'm glad we went, but I was not very nice, and I feel horrible for being so nasty.

I won't go into the details. Let's just say, I went into "mother mode" with my grandchildren, which isn't something I like to do, and try not to do. I want them to think of me as a nice, sweet, grandmother, not a mother who is on top of their behavior from the moment they see me.

Of course, I forgot my camera so I didn't even get pictures of how lovely the girls (Rachel and Rose) looked. David was in his own world with his new Star Wars lego kits. Matthew was Matthew, but a little subdued, I think because he was very tired. Dinner was wonderful. Amy made a ham dinner. I don't particularly like ham, but I have to admit that Amy does know how to cook a great ham. I made the green been casserole, and her children gobbled that up. Nice to see children that eat at least one veggie.

Now, it's me and Alan. Sitting in front of our respecitve computers, waiting to take our cold, winter's nap. Actually, it's not yet cold, but I could tell the difference from the time we left Phil's and Amy's and when we got home. The temperature seemed to have dropped about 10 degrees in that 1/2 hour it took us to get home.

To all, I pray you had a merry Christmas and you spent time recalling why we celebrate Christmas.

ttfn

No comments: