Monday, December 1, 2008

Eye okay

Well, today was Alan's second post-surgery visit to the doctor. He's clear for another month. The eye is healing nicely, but still not well enough to get examined for glasses, if necessary. So, we still do the drops-in-the-eye thing four times a day and the patch at night. Last night, Alan forgot the patch and promptly poked himself in the eye. Duh!

I was up again at 5:30 a.m. Don't know why my body is getting me up so early. I haven't gotten up that early since I had to when I was working. Of course, I hit the hay at around 11:00 p.m. and am out like a light, so it's okay to be up so early.

Am I getting more things accomplished? No, of course, not. I did get out some snowmen today, though and got them set up. So, I'm starting to get my home decorated for the season. My season lasts until mid-February, because while everyone else decorates for Christmas, I decorate for the season -- WINTER. I put snowmen all over the place, and I put up trees with lights on them -- small trees, four-foot-high trees. No large tree for us.

First of all, it takes up too much storage space. Second, it is too hard for us to put together anymore. The last time we did the large tree thing, Alan was so exhausted it took him a week -- no joke -- a whole week to recover. And that was with my help. I couldn't do it alone, nor do I want to do it alone. So, while I don't have a large tree, I have mini-trees, and I think they look nice.

So, I'm slowly getting boxes out of the attic. Very slowly. If I hurt, I don't move any boxes. If I don't hurt, I move one box. And, I'm limiting myself to two boxes per day. That way, I figure I won't injure anything.

I guess I did accomplish something in the wee hours this morning. I did two loads of laundry. That's something, right?

ttfn

No comments: