Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Addendum to busy, busy, busy

I had four near misses today while we were out on errands. People are in such a hurry today. The parking lot at Kroger's was the most treacherous. I don't like parking lots.

I go very slow backing out of a parking place because most times I'm wedged between two SUVs and can't see a thing on either side so I "peek" out and slowly back up. Today, there were two ladies unloading a car behind mine on the other side of the driving lane, and were talking and walking around into the middle of the driving lane as I was backing up. I saw them in my mirror, so I only backed up about 1/3 of the way into the driving lane, then pulled back up, and turned my wheels tightly, and backed up 1/3 again. It took me three back-ups to finally get out of the parking place because the ladies were there. Then there were three cars waiting for my parking place. I didn't see who finally got the space, but I'll bet it was that SUV waiting for a space!

I also had a really near miss at an intersection. I went through on a yellow light, and I was going straight so I had the right-of-way. But the guy coming the other way in an SUV (they know they can kill cars, those drivers) was turning left and he turned in front of me. The light turned red and I was in the intersection. The person on my left on the main road I was crossing was on the phone and didn't see me in the telephone until....

Well, let's say he had 2 inches before my bag would have blown up! Then there was Walgreen's parking lot. I usually do okay in there, but today, there was a car going the wrong way, not following the arrows, and again, a near miss.

Tonight I burned the chicken, so I called it blackened chicken. Alan loved it, I hated it. I couldn't believe he wanted more. He doesn't like chicken. I guess I found the key -- just burn it and then let it get dried out. He'll love it.

Not only did I burn the chicken, I burned my hand and my arm.

Not my best day ever.

ttfn

No comments: