Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Four wonderful days


NOTE: AFTER I WROTE THIS EPISODE, I published the pictures of my home on the Runnemede Remembered website (link at the side). I've included one of those pictures here.

Well, the Lord gave me four wonderful, relatively pain-free days. Praise Him!

Even with the fall down the steps, I was able to walk without aid and pain. However, this morning I was wakened in pain again. Another flare up? We'll see. I've drugged up and I'll know shortly if that works. I hate drugging up, because I don't see well, I'm in a fog, and the only benefit is that the pain is reduced.

We went to a church small-group Christmas party last night. I did nothing but carry in a vegetable tray that my personal shopper picked up for me to bring to the gathering as my contribution to the food table. I also had a tray of cookies to take with me, but I forgot them! Duh!

My neck is very stiff today and that could be from the fall. After a bout with dizziness yesterday, which laying down seemed to clear up, I have had no ill effects from the tumble.

My little elf -- decorator -- finished what I started on the stairs and my "vision" is really pretty. I'll have to take a picture and post is. In fact, I'll have to take several pictures and post them because my home looks really, really nice this year, even without a big tree. The small ones are just enough, and while I would like to have a tall tree, we just don't have a place to store it when Christmas is over. So, I'm content with such things as I have.

I thank God for the days of relief he gave me and pray that today will pass quickly and relief will come back.

One more thing: If you haven't read the book: Multiple Blessings by Kate Gosslin (of Jon and Kate plus 8 fame), get a copy and read it. What a wonderful book. Best I've read in ages. And it tells how God got them through the ordeal of birthing 6 healthy children (all at one time) and how their reliance on our Savior for their daily lives through that and since then has been what has upheld them in the past 5 years. It's a great book. For you non-readers, or moms who think they don't have time, this is a quick read -- it took me three hours, start to finish.

ttfn

No comments: