Thursday, December 4, 2008

The days pass swiftly

The older I get, the faster the days speed by. Today was another one of those fast days. I mean some days -- rarely, though -- are slow days, most are speeding by at warp speed. It is just me, or is that something that happens as one gets older and older and older? Life goes faster and faster and faster.

I went to the doctor today. All is well. My BP was down and so I'm on a new lower dose BP medicine -- yes! And I didn't go up on any of the other meds. I told her (my doctor), and I'll tell my "diary" that I think I've found a good mix -- at least it seems to be working pretty well.

I still hurt when I walk too much, but I did walk a bit today and, while I've been suffering leg cramps when I walk a lot, I am not having any today, so maybe I just needed to walk more and get some strength back. You see, I forget, and I should remember, because Alan has the same problem -- when you don't walk much you lose the ability to walk well and need to get those muscles working again. Even if it hurts, I have to make myself walk even if it's only 10 times around the house.

I did quite a bit today -- after I went to the doctor, I spent an hour at Dollar Tree. I love that store. I got more stuff for our Christmas bash -- more costume stuff. I mean if the children are going to act out the Christmas account as told by Luke, I needed some angel wings because there were angels in that account. And shepherds -- I got a couple of beards! I figure shepherds have beards. I hope the kids enjoy this "play" they're going to put on for me.

Then Alan had made an appointment for ME to take the Hyundai into the service center to get a part replaced. That was real special -- NOT! I had just gotten situated in the waiting room, and they told me it was fixed already. I was glad it went fast, though. I don't find those waiting room chairs very comfortable.

And, I made a superb dinner tonight. At least I thought so. And, Alan finished his whole plate and would have had more if I had made enough for more than two people.

It has taken me a long time to learn to cook for two. When I was growing up I cooked for six, then it was the two of us, and I really never learned to cook down as we almost always had someone (a hungry student or two) drop in for dinner. Then we started having babies, and before I knew it I was cooking for five, and now it's two, and has been two for many years, and I think I finally got it right. Oh, sometimes, I make too much, but then we just eat the left overs the next day.

Now, how did I get off on that tangent? Well, it's late at night. I'm tired. I've been up and moving since 7 a.m. I think it's time I turned in.

ttfn

No comments: