Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lovely weekend

Well, I spent a great day plus with my Indiana grandchildren. When I arrived at their home, mom and dad (my daughter and son-in-law) left almost immediately to do their annual Christmas shopping. The children and I "went to town" so to speak.

First, it was decided that because they had waited sooooooo long for me-mom to show up and teach them to knit, that would be the first project. Even Dan, he's 10, wanted to learn how to knit. The girls, Annie and Grace caught on right away. Dan? Well, let's say that 10-year-old male hands are not as coordinated as 9-year-old girl hands, and poor Dan just got frustrated and went back to writing his book.

Oh, yeah. He's writing a book. He's on Chapter 1! I can't tell you what it's about because right now it's in the "developmental" stage. But watch for it. It's about swords.

After the knitting lesson, we got something to eat for dinner and watched "Anne of Green Gables" (Part 1) while we were eating. Then we made a mess -- we made Christmas cards and did a "sprinkles" sprinkling art project with them. I tried to keep the sprinkles all in one place so they wouldn't get all over my daughter's kitchen floor, and I think we succeeded. By the time we finished it was almost 10 p.m. We all went to bed at the same time.

Mom and dad were still not home, and I have no idea when they came in. I fell asleep right away, and slept until around 5:00 a.m., then leg pain caused me to get up and move around and get going for the day. I know that's extremely early for me, but sometimes that happens. Dan was up at 6 a.m., and Annie was up around 6:30 a.m. We played a computer game until their mother arose around 7:30 a.m.

Finally, I was able to spend some time with my daughter while the family got ready for church. It was a very, very nice visit.

I did well physically, also. I'm wondering if wood floors are helpful to my legs. We have cement board under our carpeting and bathroom and kitchen floors, which has no give whatsoever. Anyway, I didn't have to use the walker at all, and my knees were in good shape except for the early morning wake-up call, which is not unusual.

So, dear folks, it was a nice weekend. Oh, yes, oh the way home I stopped by a former co-worker of mine's home to see her new baby. What a cutie! And, it was nice to see my friend again as well.

ttfn

No comments: