Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wonderful day!

I just can't comment enough on how great today has been. Really no pain at all, not even on standing, which is usually when it hurts the most. I really don't understand what my body is doing, but I guess the "flare up" has flared down. Thank you all, again, for your prayers for me.

I did several things today that I haven't been able to do for over a week. First I could stand up without the aid of the walker, and have almost decided we don't need a "pop-up" chair (yes, we do and Furniture Fair has them at a reasonable price.) Second, I went to the funeral and it meant a lot of walking in a big church and outside from the parking lot to get into the church, and it didn't hurt. Then, I went to the meat market. And while, that really isn't much walking, it's a lot of standing while my order is filled, because I didn't call it in ahead of time. And still my leg was feeling good. No trouble driving or getting in or out of the car. I did have my "crutch" (walker) with me all the time, and that really does help, but I was strolling along at a rather rapid clip today.

Also, it doesn't hurt if someone gives me a hug, or if Alan touches me, or when I'm in bed in any position but flat on my back.

In all this, I realize that my kidneys really aren't working as well as they should be. I can tell this because I'm drinking tons of liquids and not expelling very much. Another prayer request? Yes, by all means.

If it weren't for our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, and his healing power, I know I would be so much worse off than I am.

I talked with a couple of my neighbors today. All of us were using walkers and talking about having walker races. I'd opt out of that event. But, we also all agreed that while we are housebound a lot, even chair bound, or bed bound, we could be in a much worse position than we are from time to time. God gives the strength we need when we need it, and it seems that He does that more often than not. It's just that the "down" time goes so much slower than the "up" time.

Well, time to go praise and pray -- it's night time -- bed time -- and I still have a very long list of folks that I need to pray for, including Alan. His eye looks really, really good now, and the pressure seems to have lifted some. He goes to the doctor next Monday.

mtf

No comments: