Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another day is gone from my life

And, I'm glad it is. Not that it wasn't a good day. It was a fine day. I got up earlier than usual because I had to leave the house by 9:15 a.m. to be at Grandparent's Day at the Hahn kids' school. (See http://www.runnemederemembered.blogspot.com) It was, therefore, a good day. I got to spend time with Rachel -- she was my assigned grandchild for the day. I was supposed to go and watch Ellie after that, but Cyndi called and apparently Tori had fallen down the basement steps -- she's okay -- but wasn't feeling like she wanted to go to gym class today. So it was cancelled for her and therefore her brothers. I was also supposed to do Christmas cards with them, but after walking through the school building, and then to my car -- two directions -- which was quite a long walk, even though I parked in handicapped parking -- I was so sore that I felt I couldn't do justice to any Christmas card -- or helping design any -- today. So I came home and, once again, laid on my back for several hours. Seems to be a trend in my life.

I get up, do what I HAVE to do for the day, and then am prone, flat on my back by around 3:00 p.m. each day. I am not liking that lifestyle.

Alan has a full-body MRI tomorrow, and we don't have a clue where we're going, except that it's at Christ Hospital. We are to go to the info desk -- which is in the front of the building, and the MRI room could be anywhere else in that huge hospital. Boy am I going to hurt after that walk. And Alan, will probably have severe wobbling problems. At least I can get him a wheelchair if that happens. Then the wheelchair becomes my walker. That's the way life is these days.

I am alive and Alan is alive, and while we are both in pain most of the time, we are grateful to our Lord for the time he gives us, and I thank him for the time I can spend with my grandchildren, even if it hurts afterwards.

ttfn

No comments: