Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cornea transplant

Alan's surgery went just fine. He was in the hospital at 8:30 a.m., and out, all finished by noon. St. Elizabeth's has a separate center for in/out surgery. We really liked that concept a lot. And, there is very little walking to do for the patients -- another plus.

He's wearing a patch, and tomorrow we go back to the surgeon to see if it took. He will be on drugs/drops for a month, and we'll know tomorrow if the vision has been corrected. Right now, his right eye has 20/20 vision, except he needs glasses to read. If the surgery took, the other eye will be 20/20 as well, and the best news is no more contacts. And, he'll be less of a hazzard when he drives the car.

We did have some snow (again) overnight, and I saw a few flakes this morning as we were driving to the hospital. That's three days in a row for snow flakes. I love them. They're so Christmas-y, seasonal (?), friendly (like daisies), etc. Snow flakes without tons of accumulation in which I have to drive are one of God's pleasures to me. So, it was a pleasure to see them this morning, and I had hoped we would have had an inch or so, but it was not to be. Now, we just have the cold weather. Tonight, we're supposed to dip down into the high teens. We'll see.

Alan is off to play Euchre with one eye, but other than the headache from using just the one eye, he is fine. I'm off to open my last Creative Memories box. I've officially put myself on leave, and I doubt I will undo the leave when my leave allowance time is up. I have enjoyed the boxes as they arrive, and I will miss that aspect of CM, but I have enough supplies to last me through the rest of my proposed scrapbooks.

Also, in today's shipment were two large albums for babies. One is for a friend of mine who recently had a baby boy, and the other one is for my new grandchild, whatever sex that is -- I'm covered with covers of both colors, so if it's a girl, I have a cover, and if it's a boy I have a cover, and I thought ahead and got the "all in one" kits for both boy and girl.

That's it from N. KY for now. Enjoy the evening.

ttfn

1 comment:

Lori said...

So, did it go well at the doctor's today? Can he see now??