Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cooking shows

I have simply got to stop watching cooking shows (or reading books where food is discussed) just before I go to bed.

I just watched Top Chef and am now starved -- well, not really, but all those dishes that made me salivate, and now I THINK I'm hungry. This happens often at 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. when I'm reading in bed, and the author is describing a dish the hero or heroine is cooking, listing all those wonderful ingredients and spices and how it is cooked to perfection, and describing how it tastes. I almost have to get up and get something to eat. ARGHH!

The best thing is: I don't keep junk food around, so that's not an option at these "hunger"moments. I'm not about to go cook myself a three-course dinner, or even one- course for that matter.

So what do I do? Well, if I'm fortunate, I have some bubble gum around and I can chew a piece of that, drink a glass of water, and I'm fine. If not? Well, I turn the light out and hopefully go to sleep thinking about breakfast!

mtf

No comments: