Saturday, November 29, 2008

Off to Indiana

Well, it's Saturday -- it's been a few days since I last posted. Not so busy, just not wanting to get attached to the computer.

I'm leaving in a few hours to visit my daughter and her family in Southern Indiana -- about 75 miles from here. The grandchildren and I are going to make Christmas cards, and I'm supposed to teach the two girls how to knit. We'll see how that goes. Probably very well, as both girls are very coordinated.

I'm praying that my leg, knee, hip, and back hold out and I am able to walk without much difficulty. Since the last "flare up" I've been doing quite well. Since then I prepared a full thanksgiving dinner, which my husband enjoyed so much he had seconds. He rarely has seconds of anything, not that I make enough for most meals for him to enjoy that possibility, but when I do, he doesn't partake. So, it was a compliment to the chef that he asked for more.

Of course, the pies are being rationed, otherwise, they'd be gone. He seems to not know that you have to monitor your intake of food or you'd be in bed and weigh over 500 pounds. As soon as he hits 275, I panic and starve him, which means I take away all bread and sweets. Since he doesn't like veggies, he eats very little until he realizes that I mean what I say, and then he ingests vegetables as well as meat. eggs. and cheese.

But, I'm heading out. I hope Alan can cope for 24 hours without me. He will probably not eat anything but the two pieces of pie that are left, and drink a couple of cups of coffee. The fridge is full of things for him to eat, but opening the refrigerator door might be more than I could ask for.
Oh, well, a day of fasting won't hurt him.

I'm so looking forward to seeing Annie, Gracie, and Dan again. It's been, what? Two months? At least that long since I saw them. So, it will be to much fun to be with them again. We always have fun. Dan is a hoot, so grown up, yet such a little boy. Annie and Gracie are growing into young ladies, and I keep pushing on the tops of their heads to try to keep them from growing up.

I have one regret -- I didn't spend a whole lot of time with them when they were babies. Alan was so sick with cancer that I really couldn't' even get away for 24 hours. As it is, this 24-hour time is something I relish and enjoy to the fullest.

mtf

No comments: