Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shopping

I went shopping today with my friend who does my food shopping for me. We went to a new Kroger store. It was huge. I was overwhelmed at its bigness. I was able to ride around on a putt-putt for the infirm and the aisles were wide enough for me to get through.

This store has so many items that I can't find elsewhere, and I really wanted to go see what was available so that when I send my friend shopping for me, I have some new items for her to get for Alan and me to enjoy.

I only covered about 1/3 of the store before I ran out of steam, so to speak. I love to ride around the store on the putt-putt, but standing up to read the shelves that are higher than a two-year old can read is wearing. So, I gave up at the soda aisle.

We stopped at Starbucks (in-store) and had something to drink -- she coffee, me hot chocolate. Her dear son went with us and he was very helpful to me at various times along my trail through the store.

Next time I go I'm going to visit the meat department and see if they carry such things as leg of lamb or scrapple. The meat department seemed to me to be very, very large, and that was the public department, not the one where you wait at a counter for someone to serve you. I'll find out next time I go.

Today's weather was absolutely beautiful. Tomorrow promises to be even better. I'm going to open all the windows tomorrow because there is no pollen at the present time and it wont' affect Alan's allergies. Airing out the place will be so nice. Can't wait.

Full moon tonight. And we'll actually be able to see it because the sky is clear! Yippee!

ttfn

No comments: