Friday, March 26, 2010

Alan and physical therapy

Forgot to mention this yesterday. I took Alan down to the PT place in pouring, cold, rain. It was really a yucky afternoon. We almost missed our time because I under-estimated the amount of time it would take me to get Alan into the car. That aside!

When we went in -- he was wobbling pretty bad and it's only about six or seven steps from the car to the entrance to the facility -- we were met by Trish, who took one look at him and said, "Sit."

He sat.

She decided to take his BP and it was 180/110. They decided they wouldn't risk any physical therapy with him with his BP that high. She asked if he was taking his meds. He told her that he was when he remembered to do it (which means, no, he wasn't taking his BP meds). She asked about his other medicines, and he said that the only one he was getting on time was Interferon because his wife likes to stick him with a needle. If he only knew, I hate giving him those shots because I hate hurting him.

He also admitted that he hadn't renewed most of his meds and so he was out of most of them.


When we got home from a co-pay of $50 for nothing, which I told him about, I wouldn't let him sit in his (actually my) recliner nor turn on the TV until he took his morning pills and ordered his prescriptions from Walgreens for pick-up today.

I'm about to leave to go get those pills but I wanted to write down what happened yesterday.

PS: After we sat in the waiting room for about an hour, his BP was down to 150/100, still too high for them to work with him.

PPS: They gave him some exercises he can do while he's sitting in his chair that are lower leg moves and toe and heel moves. Now, if he'll only do them without me "nagging" him. I'm not saying a word to him about them. He can admit to Trish that he didn't do his exercises. She'll look at me, and I'll say, "Not nagging him about it." He receives any reminder as a nag. She'll understand.

ttfn

No comments: